UPHOLSTERED SIDE CHAIR
- This was the first chair that Charles designed when he created his original line of furniture in 1986. It was immediately successful and has probably sold more than any of the other chairs because the style suits both casual or formal settings.
- The softly carved features of the top back, upper legs, spokes and lower back all contribute to a sensuous look and feeling of comfort. When you do sit in the chair the body feels contained. Because all those features were carved using hand tools, the play of light on all the varying angles adds to the visual stimulus. The upholstered “slip” seat has been successful because of the ability of the customer to choose their own style of fabric and therefore change the look of the chair to their own taste.
- 20 traditional pinned mortice and tenon joints
- Hand-chamfered spokes
- Slip seat made with hardwood frame, horsehair, cotton and Dacron®
- Requires 3/4 yard of 54" wide fabric for two Side Chairs
- Shown here in cherry
- 19" W, 37 1/2" H, 15" deep at seat